I love making such kind of patties for lunch along with a large salad and a chutney. I keep trying various flours and grains for such patties. This time the recipe is:
1. 1/4 cup Barley
2. 1/4 cup Quinoa
3. 1/4 cup White dry corn pieces
4. 2 small onions chopped fine
5. 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
6. Salt to taste
7. 1/2 cup water
8. 2 TBSP plantain flour
Soak first three items for 4 hours. Drain, wash, blend with water. Add the plantain flour. Mix well to make a batter, not too thin and to thick. Add rest of the ingredients and mix well. You should be able to pour the batter with a tablespoon on the pan. Turn when cooked on one side. Cook until cooked on the other side also.
Chutney: soaked and boiled tamarind with water, coriander leaves, dates, garlic – blend all together and serve with the patties.
I printed some worksheets from https://en.islcollective.com on body parts. Kids had to match the words with the body parts, then color the body, then draw another boy’s body and label the body parts. In this snippet I taught them colors and they had to color the scarecrow. Whenever they picked a crayon they had to tell the name of the color and then paint.
The kids are 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13 years old.
Men's short's pockets AFTER washing full load in washing machine with 7 soapnuts
1. To wash not so soiled clothes (5 soapnuts without seeds in a muslin bag in the laundry machine). I have seen that soapnuts do not really work on soiled clothes and kitchen wipe cloths.
2. To wash toilet, kitchen counters, stove tops and to sparkle the sink tap: For this use I powder the nuts in vitamix dry grinder, strain and pack in sprinkler bottles like that we use for salt on the dining table. Then whenever I want to clean I just sprinkle it, sprinkle some water, wipe it all over, leave it for 5 minutes and wash with water. To sparkle the steel taps no need to leave it for 5 minutes.
3. To wash hair: Soak overnight and use. 3. To wash hair: Soak overnight and use. Oil massage hair previous night and take a shower next morning.
I feel sad when I see moms giving hormone-filled milk and zero nutrition highly processed corn flakes mixed with poisonous white sugar to their little ones in morning breakfast. Here is a much easier and very quick nutritious breakfast you can provide to your kids and yourself.
1/4 cup dry white corn. (Corn can be substituted with various kinds of millets)
1 cup of assorted nuts and raisins and dates.
3 tablespoons of jaggery.
2 pinches cinnamon powder.
3 cups water.
1 tsp of coconut oil.
1 cardamom ground into powder.
Soak corn overnight.
Boil in water along with cinnamon powder until cooked.
Add cardamom powder, jaggery, oil and nuts.
Some friends have asked to share what I eat usually(vegan). In the past I have shared in google sheet, whats app. Now am trying it this way. I am not putting any effort into taking good photos so please bear with me 🙂
I usually do indian recipes but steamed version. Many things indian are not available where I live so I try to find substitutes.
Today is the last day of this journal. Hope it was helpful for my friends. Have a happy new year to you all!