Sea vegetables are superfoods. Soil of mother earth is being de-nutritioned by our practices. Luckily ocean remains untouched to an extent and provides extremely nutritious superfoods in the form of sea vegetables. The contents of minerals in sea water are very close to the contents of minerals of human blood.
The smell of these is gross for many. There are ways to get around it. Our recipes will show you how.
1. 2 Tomatoes
2. 1 Tbsp Coconut butter
3. 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
4. 1 Clove Garlic
5. 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
6. 1 Tsp Coriander Seeds
7. Pinch of Turmeric
8. Salt to taste.
9. 2 Strips of Kombu or any equivalent quantity.
10. 1/2 Soup Bowl hot water.
1. Break/Cut sea vegetable into small thin pieces and soak them for 15 minutes. If you do not like the smell of sea vegetables soak them longer in the refrigerator for few hours. On top of that , this recipe magically hides the smell totally.
2. Pour all ingredients into Blender except sea vegetables.
2. Pour the soaked sea vegetable along with water into the blender and keep a low speed. You do not want to puree the sea vegetables. It should only get finely chopped.
1. 2 Collard Leaves.
2. 1 Tsp Flax oil.
3. Salt to taste.
4. 1 Tsp Lemon juice.
1. 6 Macadamia nuts
2. 1 Tsp Pine nuts
3. Salt to taste
4. Herb to taste (ex: Pinch of dill seeds or Pinch of basil powder or 3-4 leaves of fresh rosemary)
5. Cayenne to taste
1 cup Soaked Arame ( 15 minutes)
1. Lay the collard leaves on a flat surface, back side up.
2. Mix the flax,salt,lemon juice in a bowl.
3. Spread the mix on the collard leaves.(I prefer doing this : I take a once used half of lemon which has some lemon juice in it still, dip it in the flax oil+salt mix and rub it on the leaves).
Let the leaves sit for 30 minutes.
1. Blend all ingredients of cheese and transfer to a bowl.
After 30 minutes :
1. Cut off the stem of collards with a sharp knife. You now have 4 parts , 2 of each leaf.
2. Spread the cheese
3. Spread the sea vegetable, Arame.
4. Wrap the collards.
You now have 4 tasty wraps !!! Enjoy. You can design your own wrap now. The fillings are bounded by your creativity 🙂
This is a new recipe I made up and prefer it to my older recipe for 2 reasons. One, it does not contain tofu ( I have stopped eating soy) and two, it contains vegetables.
1. 4 full teaspoons miso
2. 1/2 medium size carrot thinly grated.
3. 1/4 cup thinly grated green cabbage.
4. 5 leaves of mint, chopped finely.
6. 4 shallots chopped
7. 1 teaspoon Arame (optional), soaked for 10 minutes.
1. Bring 3 cups of water to boil and transfer to a big bowl.
2. Mix miso in cold water to make a flowing paste.
3. Pour miso into the bowl and mix well.
4. Add the vegetables into the bowl and serve hot.
Note: Make this just before dinner, to have it hot and also so that the vegetables are crunchy.
This makes a satisfying dinner along with sunflowersprouts+avocado salad, for two. It feels so wonderful, to prepare such beautiful dinner in 10 minutes time !!
1. 1 ripe Avocado.
2. 1/2 cup Arame (Sea vegetable)
3. 1 cup Shredded Cauliflower.
4. Celtic salt.
5. Dash of Lime/Lemon juice.
Soak sea vegetable for 15 mins in cold water.
Add mashed avocado, soaked sea vegetable, shredded cauliflower,salt and lime juice.